Treatment for Trauma
Treatment for Trauma
The direct exposure or witnessing of near death, death, serious injury, actual or threatened sexual or physical violence can result in long-lasting negative changes in cognitions and mood that are associated with the traumatic event.
Symptoms of Trauma
- Traumatic nightmares
- Recurrent involuntary and intrusive recollections
- Dissociative reactions
- Physiological reactivity after exposure to trauma-related stimuli
- Intense or prolonged distress after exposure to traumatic reminders
- Avoidance of trauma related stimuli
- Inability to recall key features of the traumatic event
- Negative expectations or beliefs and expectations about oneself or the world
- Negative trauma related emotions (e.g., horror, anger, fear, shame or guilt)
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Sleep disturbance
- Concentration difficulties
Get Started Today and Request Your Consultation
Modalities of Treatment
Individual eTherapy– One-on-one online counseling to address stressors and associated responses, as well as assist with coping skills, life transitions and personal development.
Group eTherapy– Theme based or support group online counseling sessions with peers.
Couples eTherapy– Online counseling intended to address relationship struggles between 2 individuals.
Family eTherapy– Parents, children, and extended family members address familial issues and conflicts in online counseling at the same time.
We Cater To:
Feeling overwhelmed, underperforming, disorganized and a lack of control can induce unyielding stress. Psychotherapy can help with managing stress, which can ultimately improve one’s quality of life, relationships, and productivity.
All relationships have ups and downs. Infidelity, communication problems, sexual issues, co-parenting, family of origin issues, blended families, and absolving relationships are among the most common relationship struggles. In contrast, pre-marital counseling promotes insight and increases the debt of knowledge about each other in a relationship. Couple counseling help address these issues and the relationship dynamics between each other.
Personal Growth & Development
What makes you feel happy and fulfilled? Gaining a better understanding of yourself, your needs, desires, wants, strengths, weaknesses, and boundaries. Counseling for personal development can help define life’s purpose and goals, as well as increase esteem and personal enrichment.
* The information contained on this website is not intended as a substitution for medical or psychiatric treatment. Using this website does not constitute a client/therapist relationship with Dr. Chanelle Richards, PhD. A full intake assessment is necessary in order to establish that relationship. If you are in an emergency state or situation, please stop and call 911 for help.
Cost of Therapy/Fees:
A typical eTherapy initial session cost $250. Thereafter, session fees vary from $115.00 – $180.00, depending on the session length (30/45/50 min). We accept all major credit cards and Health Savings Account (HSA) credit cards.
Some plans may provide partial reimbursement for Out-Of-Network services and may also allow you to submit it to your Flexible Spending Account. Please consult your insurance carrier for more details about your specific health care plan and we will gladly provide you with a receipt for therapy services (i.e., Superbill).
NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPLINE: 1-800-273-8255
National Alliance on Mental Illness (http://www.nami.org/) NAMI supports millions of Americans with mental health conditions.
The Loveland Foundation (https.thelovelandfoundation.org) provides financial assistance to Black women and girls seeking therapy.
The Boris Lawrence Henderson Foundation (http://borislhendersonfoundation.org) also provides information on nonprofit organizations who offer programs for mental health issues in the African American community.